- "If You Do Not Change, You Can Become Extinct"
- "What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?"
- "When you move beyond your fear, you feel free."
I then explore the financial advisory firm of the future. What does it take for a firm and its advisors to comply with a fiduciary standard of conduct? How does adopting a fiduciary mindset affect the structure of the firm and its operations? What levels of product due diligence is required? Are fiduciaries required to recommend only index funds, as opposed to actively managed funds? How will these changes impact asset management firms and insurance companies (product providers)? How will advisor compensation practices be impacted, both as to fee arrangements with their clients and as to a firm's internal compensation practices? Who "owns" the client in the future?
Lastly, I'll delve into the financial advisory profession itself. Who will lead the profession ahead? How will it be regulated? What is the proper scope of regulation?
- Feb. 24-25, 2016: FPA of Oregon and S.W. Washington Midwinter Conference 2016, where Ron will discuss: "The DOL's Transformational Conflict of Interest Rule"
- Feb. 26, 2016: FPA of Puget Sound's 2016 Annual Symposium, where Ron will discuss: "Reducing Your Risks in the New Fiduciary Era"